Fight the Cold Naturally
By: Rachad Atat
As the winter season approaches, many of us become susceptible to catching the cold. Since the cold begins when a virus attaches to the nose or throat, you need to start treating yourself immediately, especially in the throat area to stop the virus from spreading throughout your body. Here is what I do at the first sensation of throat pain:
1. Immediately start taking zinc acetate in a lozenge form. This would help release positively-charged zinc ions, which in turn helps control throat congestion. When I take this supplement for three days every two waking hours, I do not experience any throat pain
2. Essential oils are volatile aromatic compounds contained in plants, which are extracted through different means, including steam distillation, cold pressing and solvent extraction.
The plant uses these oils to defend itself against environmental toxins. In the same way, we can use these powerful antibacterial and antiviral oils to heal ourselves. I usually add 10 drops of essential oil to a bowl of hot water, then I place a towel over my head and I inhale the aroma for 10 minutes. This can be done three times per day. You will immediately feel better after doing it. You can use Lavender, Eucalyptus, Oregano, Cinnamon, Tea Tree and others
3. Take 1,000 mg of supplemental vitamin C every two to three hours until you go to bed. There is no danger of vitamin C overdose.
4. Prepare an herbal tea of Elderberry, Echinacea, and Ginger. Drink 3 cups per day
5. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables and eliminate processed foods and dairy products
Always have these natural remedies on hand, so you can accelerate your recovery. If you follow my steps, you should be recovering in three days or less.
“Zinc Lozenges for the Common Cold: why did it take 30 years?”
Life Extension Magazine, December 2014.