Holistic Ways to being Parents to Your Growing Child
Holistic Motherhood Tips…On parenting
- Mindful parenting involves being attentive, setting limits, having realistic expectations and displaying fairness, consistency and flexibility.
- There are predictable patterns of growth and development at various ages that parents need to understand.
- Adjust your expectations to match your child’s current level of ability and understanding.
- Use behavioural guidance and discipline that is appropriate for a child’s developmental level.
- Plan family activities that match a child’s interests and abilities.
- Offer foods that are interesting, safe and nutritionally sound.
- Help others to understand your child’s individual talents, preferences and challenges.
- Understand the variations in development from one child to another and typical milestones.
- Accept your children and others for the people they are and the individuals they are becoming.
- Identify, acknowledge and balance their personal needs with those of their children.
Invitation to Holistic Health: A Guide to Living a Balanced Life
By Charlotte Eliopoulos,