9 ways to make sure your child has a safe school bus journey in the UAE
The roads in the UAE can be incredibly dangerous. Mother, Baby & Child looks at how you can make your child’s school bus journey as safe as possible…
- Children should be at the bus’s designated pick-up point five minutes before it arrives. They should never run to or from the bus.
- They should line up away from the road or street as the bus approaches.
- They should always wait until the bus arrives, stops and the driver opens the door saying it is ok to get in.
- Make sure there are no object dangling from their bags which could get caught in any part of the vehicle.
- The same as travelling in any vechicle, seat belts must be worn at all times.
- They must sit properly, facing forward at all times.
- Throwing objects inside or outside the bus is not permitted.
- They must lower their voice so as not to disturb other children or the bus driver who needs to concentrate and keep his eyes on the road.
- Children should not eat or drink on the bus.