This weekend’s family highlights at Emirates Airline Festival of Literature
Keep the kids entertained this weekend at Emirates Airline Festival of Literature
Friday 9th and Saturday 10th March at the Intercontinental, Dubai Festival City
One of the greatest gifts you can give to a child of any age is the love of reading – which in turn sparks their imagination and transports them directly into a world and lifetime of adventures.
This weekend is your last chance to visit the Emirates Festival of Literature and meet favourite children’s authors, indulge them in some professional story-telling, get them involved in creating their own comics and discovering the awe-inspiring world of literature for themselves. This is a taste of what you can expect with the special Children’s Programme:
The Family Oasis
This outdoor aspect to the literature festival features storytelling, LEGO, drawing and many more activities.
Giraffes, camels, dinosaurs and even the magical owls from Harry Potter!
Kids who are keen on being a writer, creating their own comics, or are budding artists can join some of our favourite children’s authors to learn how to craft their own stories
Just some of the great fun activities for your kids this weekend…
Friday 9th March
- See celebrity, funnyman and best-selling children’s author David Walliams -10-11am
- Learn about the Guinness World Records ‘Real-Life Superheroes’ – Your children will marvel at the ‘stranger-than-fiction’ facts and record-breaking achievements – 12 noon-1.00pm
- How to Draw a Dinosaur! 12 noon-1.30pm
- Eoin Colfer – Live via video link from Ireland – 2pm-3pm
- How to Draw a Monster – Workshop – 2pm-3pm
Saturday 10th March
- For younger children – delightful animal stories – 10am-11am
- The Fantastic Mr Fox – an absolute classic! 12 noon-1pm
- Amazing Arabian Nights – Story & Craft Workshop – perfect for 8-12-year-olds. From 12 noon-1.30pm
- Comic strip drawing workshop – 12 noon-1.30pm