The Long Weekend is Here Again!
- Take your kids to RARE, Meliã Desert Palm for a Kid’s Cooking Class and let them cook up a feast. Chef Joanna Portella will be teaching children how to make gluten-free empanadas, cauliflower pizza and sugar-free strawberry panna cotta.Once done, they can enjoy their dishes while parents feast on juicy ribeye steak with cassava puree and smoked vegetables. December 3rd, 12:30-2:30pm. Dhs80 per child, and Dhs160 per adult. Contact +97146029303.
- Go shopping at Arabian Center this UAE National Day and enjoy family-oriented activities, celebrations, and interactive activations at this mall. A section of the mall area will be adorned with souq-style decor elements, with a night court area featuring an installation designed to give visitors the look and feel of Old Dubai. Women and little girls can get henna done, and the family can head to the spice and jewellery stalls and souq soon after, to learn more about the country’s rich history and fishermen trade. Contact +97142845555
- Participate in the capital’s biggest water battle at Yas Waterworld. The Amwaj Wave pool will transform into a massive playground where you and your children can battle it out with colourful water pistols. December 2nd from 11:47am, contact 600 511115 or visit: www.yaswaterworld.com/
- Taqado Mexican Kitchen is giving away 1,000 free burritos at Mercato Mall, this UAE National Day. The giveaway starts at 5pm on Sunday, December 2nd, so don’t be late! You could also win a year of free burritos (one burrito per week) btw! All you have to do is order a burrito, and tag them (#InstaBurrito) and @Taqado. The more you order and post, the better chances of winning! The competition takes place from December 1-31, 2018.
- Drop by Mighty Quinn’s Barbeque and Crafty Station this Saturday for a host of complimentary activities at their JBR branch. Children can get their hands messy with playdough, fun-in-a-jar activities, and more, while adults tuck into a breakfast-style meal (Eggs benedict/omelette and a coffee or juice) for just Dhs48. The activities takes place from 4-7pm this Saturday, contact +97143801888.
This weekend is all about enjoying the UAE National Day festivities. What else is happening in the city? Read this to find out more.