Feel like you scrub well and hard in the shower? Apply deodorant, body spray and perfume frequently throughout the day, but still feel like there’s a whiff of bad body odor (B.O.)? Although it’s embarrassing everyone has been through this and we all know how extremely frustrating it is! Rachad Atat, our favorite Holistic Natural Healer, explains to us that sweat comes from sweat glands, which actually do not release bad body odor. Here’s where B.O. actually does come from.
- BO comes from bacteria that live on our skin and act on proteins and fatty acids secreted by the sweat glands, hence causing the unpleasant odor.
- The bacteria are dependent on the food we eat and the environment around us. Junk food, for example can cause BO because of the high rate of fats.
- Deodorants work by killing the bacteria that live on the skin, while on the other hand antiperspirants block the sweat glands action in secreting proteins and fatty acids.
- Aluminum derivatives such as aluminum chloride, aluminum chlorohydrate or aluminum zirconium compounds are used by many commercial manufacturers of deodorants and antiperspirants; according to scientific studies, these compounds cause neurotoxicity. Therefore every time we expose ourselves to these compounds, a certain amount enters our blood stream, killing our nerve cells.
- Aluminum salts increase brain inflammation, leading to accelerated brain damage and diseases like Alzheimer’s and contain hormone-like compounds that can disrupt the endocrine system
- Scientific studies have proven links between aluminum and numerous forms of cancer and other conditions such as anaemia, osteoporosis, headaches, liver problems, kidney problems, gastrointestinal problems, extreme nervousness, bone softening, decreased calcium absorption, muscle aches and colic and rickets in infants.
Go for natural deodorants that include plant-based ingredients without chemicals and synthetic fragrances.
Natural Deodorant found in the UAE:
Desert Essence Natural Deodorant is a natural deodorant that protects against BO using naturally antiseptic tea tree oil. The formula contains organic extracts from aloe vera and lavender and has no aluminum or propylene glycol, therefore effectively controlling odor without interfering with natural perspiration! Why not give it a shot? I’ve gotten mine from the Organic Foods and Café in Dubai and so far, I’m a satisfied customer!
Holistic Natural Healer